A cough is a reflex action to clear the lung airways from fluids, mucus, or other material, e.g., dust or smoke, etc. Many medicines are used for cough here Cepacol cough drops discuss in detail.
Cepacol cough drops details
Get short-term relief from sore throat pain with mixed berry flavor Cepacol extra strength sore throat and cough lozenges. Our soothing lozenges provide maximum strength relief to ease your sore throat pain and help you feel better. You may also be fond of them in honey lemon, cherry, and sugar-free cherry flavors.
- Powerful, short-term sore throat pain relief lozenge
- Top strength numbing medication without a prescription
- Relief minor mouth irritation
- Quiets Cough
package Count Sixteen(16)
PACKING TYPE box.
Dosage UOM lozenge(s).
RELISH Mixed Berry…
Country of Manufacture India (Asia)
Uses of Cepacol cough drops are
- Relieves sore throat
- sore mouth
- cough and
- Pain from Canker Sores (a necrotic, microbes disease)
Alerts for Cepacol cough drops in allergy
Do not use cough drop Cepacol if you have hypersensitivity to local anesthetics like
- Lidocaine or any other ‘caine’ anesthetics
Alerts for sore throat
Do not use Cepacol cough drops if sore throat is severe e.g.
- persists for more than two days,
- is accompanied or followed by fever,
- nausea or
- vomiting consult a doctor promptly
For a short time relief sore throat, mouth pain, and helps stop a cough.
Alerts for Cepacol cough drops in child
Cepacol drops not used in a child under six years of age.
Alerts for MAOI drugs
Do not use if you are taking a recipe monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)e.g.
- certain medicines for depression,
- psychiatric, or
- emotional conditions, or
- Parkinson’s disease, or
- for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
If you do not sense if your recipe drug contains an MAOI, ask a Dr. or pharmacist before taking Cepacol medicine.
Ask a Dr. before use if you have
A long-term cough or chronic coughs come with smoking, asthma, or emphysema. Cough that arises with too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a Dr. if
- Sore throat symptoms do not recover in seven days
- Irritation, pain or redness keep on or make worse
- Swelling develops
- Cough lasts more than seven days, fall back, or take place with fever, rash, or go long head pain. These could be signs of an acute illness
- If you plan for a baby or breast-feeding, ask a Dr. before use.
- In case of overdose, get medical help quickly.
- Do not grow the advised dosage.
- Do not use expired medicine
- Put all medical drugs out of the approach of children.
- Do not use it without a Dr. advice
Cepacol side effects
Common Side Effects
If expert, these tend to have a less severe be seen
- Problem in sleeping
- Head pain
Rare side effects
If expert, these tend to have a Severe be visible
Abnormal liver function tests (LFT)
- Muscle tremors
- Rare side effects
- Decreased Appetite
- Painful or difficult urination
- Fast heart-beat
- General weakness
- Loss of skin color
If qualified, these tend to have a less severe expression
- Skin disorder with blistering and peeling skin known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- A type of allergic reaction called Angioedema
- A kind of bumpy skin rash called a Maculopapular rash
- Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis
- Acute liver failure
- Damage to the liver and inflammation
- Decreased blood platelets
- High B.P.
- Inflammation of the skin due to an allergy
- Insufficient blood supply to the colon
- Low levels of the type of white blood cells (WBC) Called Neutrophils
- Low levels of WBC
- Trouble breathing
- Very Low Levels Of Granulocytes, a type of WBC
- Vocal cord swelling
If experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe be seen
- A headache from overuse of medicine
- A skin rash
- Anxious feelings
- Erythema or skin redness
- Excessive sweating
- Heart throbbing or pounding
- Over excitement
- Stomach cramps
Cepacol cough drops medicines have active ingredients are:
- Benzocaine – 7.5 mg (Oral Pain Reliever),
- Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide – 5 mg (Cough Suppressant)
- Menthol oral pain relievers
- Fd and C Blue 1,
- Fd and C Red 40,
- Propylene Glycol,
- Purified Water,
- Sodium Bicarbonate,