Cepacol cough drops
A cough is a reflex action to clear the lung airways from fluids, mucus, or other material, e.g., dust or smoke, etc. Many medicines are used for cough here cepacol cough drops discuss in detail.
Cepacol cough drop details
- Relieves sore throat & sore mouth
- Relieves cough
- For the pain of canker sores (a necrotic, microbes disease)
Alerts for cepacol cough drops in allergy
Do not use cepacol cough drops if you have a history of hypersensitivity to local anesthetics like
- Lidocaine or any other ‘caine’ anesthetics
Alerts for sore throat
Do not use cepacol cough drops if sore throat is severe e.g.
- persists for more than two days,
- is accompanied or followed by fever,
- nausea or
- vomiting consult a doctor promptly
Temporarily relieves sore throat, mouth, & helps suppress a cough.
Alerts for cepacol cough drops in child
Cepacol drops not used in a child under six years of age.
Alerts for MAOI drugs
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)e.g.
- certain medicines for depression,
- psychiatric, or
- emotional conditions, or
- Parkinson’s disease, or
- for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.
If you do not sense if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a physician or pharmacist before taking cepacol medicine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
A chronic cough or Persistent coughs occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema. Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use & ask a doctor or dentist if
- Sore throat symptoms do not recover in seven days
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- Swelling develops
- Cough lasts more than seven days, fall back, or take place with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a severe illness
- If expecting a baby or breast-feeding, ask a physician before use.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center instantly.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- All medicines & keep this out of the reach of children.
Cepacol cough drops medicines have active ingredients are:
- Benzocaine – 7.5 mg (Oral Pain Reliever),
- Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide – 5 mg (Cough Suppressant)
- Menthol oral pain relievers
- Fd&C Blue 1,
- Fd&C Red 40,
- Propylene Glycol,
- Purified Water,
- Sodium Bicarbonate,