Children’s stool softener CVS is used for a short time to treat sometimes constipation. Stool softeners such as docusate work by softening stools to manufacture them easier to permit. Stool softeners are the first-line medications used for treating short & long-term constipation in healthy children.
Children who are constipated typically have painful, difficult-to-pass, & few stools. yet parents should increase their child’s fibre, fluid gets, and schedule toilet time after meals, children may need extra cure to improve their symptoms. Medicine that helps relieve constipation is called laxatives. They are on sale in oral (liquid and tablets) and rectal (enema) forms. Four different kinds of laxatives oft used:
- stool softeners, (Stool softeners add water to the stool to allow strain-free bowel movements).
- osmotic laxatives,( osmotic laxatives increase the amount of water in the stool and easy to pass).
- lubricant laxatives,( lubricant laxatives cover the stool to make it more slippery and easier to pass).
- stimulant laxatives. (these laxatives stimulate the rectal muscles to relief push the stool out).
while stool softeners & laxatives may have a different active item. Many laxatives should not be given together unless asked by a doctor.
Some stool softeners are:
- Albert Docusate and DulcoEase
- Docusate sodium and Calcium
- DSS and Soflax
- Phillips Liqui Gels and Silace
- Colace and Docusate
Cvs Pharmacy, Inc and
Liquid ( A dosage form hold a pure chemical in its liquid state. This dosage form term should not apply, to solutions.) and
Human Otc Drug and
Giving via the oral route and
The generic name of Cvs Stool Softener
Fruit Punch is docusate sodium and
Dulcolax Stool Softener and
Each soft gel contains:
Docusate sodium 50 mg/5mL and
- gelatin and glycerin
- polyethylene and glycol-400
- povidone and propylene glycol
- purified water and sorbitol solution and
- titanium dioxide
- Anhydrous citric acid and Potassium sorbate.
- Sodium benzoate and Sodium citrate.
- Sucralose and
- Xanthan gum.
Uses of Children’s stool softener CVS
- Ease normal transit constipation and
- Mostly, make bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Children’s stool softener CVS side effects
Tell your physician if any serious side effects occur such as:
- nausea and vomiting
- diarrhea and muscle cramps
- weakness and abnormal heartbeat
- dizziness and swoon
- decreased urination and Syncope
- mental/mood changes (such as confusion) and
- Anaphylactic reactions
- angioedema and hypersensitivity
- Mild, transient skin reactions
- Dehydration and
- slight hesitancy
A very bad allergic reaction to this medicine is limited. However, get medical help if you attend any symptoms of an allergic reaction, include
- rash and itching
- swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat),
- severe dizziness and
- trouble breathing.
Warnings about Children’s stool softener CVS
Do not use if you are soon using mineral oil if told to do so by a physician and
Ask a doctor before use if the child has:
- Stomach pain and nausea and
- change in bowel habits that lasts over
two weeks and
Stop use & ask a physician if:
- The child has bleeding in the stool or
- fails to have a bowel movement after the use of a CVS stool softener. These could be signs
of a severe condition and
- The child needs to use a CVS stool softener for more than
Directions about Children’s stool softener CVS
- Keep out of reach of children and Store at room temperature(15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- Used it before the expiry date and take only by mouth
- Keep tightly closed and
- Avoid from moisture and light
Dosage of Children’s stool softener CVS
- A stool softener may be taken as a single daily dose, or in divided doses according to the doctor. and
- Children (12 years) olds take one to six soft gels daily and
- The child (two to under 12 years) of age take one to three soft gels daily and
- Baby under two years ask a doctor
In case of overdose:
Get medical checkup and help or touch a physician now
Best stool softener for daily use
MiraLAX Powder Laxative and
Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia and
Best for the Elderly:
Phillips’ Stool Softener Liquid Gels and
Best for Postpartum:
Colace Stool Softener and
Best for Constipation:
Colace 2-in-1 Stool Softener and Stimulant Laxative and
Natural Laxative Regular Tablets.
Stool softener foods
The following healthful foods can help to take over constipation:
Prunes and prune juice:
- Wheat bran
Some people are successful at cure normal constipation by adding a fixed source of insoluble fiber, like wheat bran, to their diet. Two tablespoons of raw wheat bran have 4.5 gm of fiber, one cup of bran flakes contains about 5 gms and one-half cup of 100 percent bran cereal delivers 12 grams.
Just half a cup of cooked broccoli contains 2.8 grams of fiber to aid with normal constipation relief, and it is also chock full of vitamin C. Broccoli forms a great side dish, and it can dine raw as a snack with hummus or a low-fat dip.
Every day, drink one to two quarts of unsweetened, decaffeinated fluids, like water, to hydrate the body.
Less amount of water in the intestine cause constipation. Water is essential for staying hydrated as well as maintaining regularity & constipation prevention. Study shows that staying hydrated will help constipation prevention by improving the consistency of stool, making it much easier to pass. It may also amplify the effects of other natural laxatives, just like fiber.
In one study, one hundred & seventeen participants with chronic constipation given a diet consisting of 25 grams of fiber per day. In addition to the increased thread, half of the participants also instructed to drink two liters of water per day.
After two months, both groups had an increase in stool frequency & less dependence on laxatives, but the effect was even higher for the group drinking more water.
Pulses, most beans, lentils, chickpeas, and peas are very high in fibre, which is a nutrient that helps good digestion and limits constipation. A study proves that 100 gms of cooked pulses provide around 26 percent of the daily fibre intake advise in the U.S.
- Clear soups
This Soup recipe is the best for constipation.
- onion, diced
- 200 grams of portobello or crimini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- head of broccoli, ‘floretted’ and stem diced
- cold-pressed coconut oil
- half cup of green du Puy dark green lentils soaked overnight and water drained. You can use green lentils if you can not find the du Puy
- clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion till smooth and then add garlic and saute for three minutes. Add mushrooms and remain to saute on low heat till they are softened.
Then, add lentils, broccoli, and the necessary water to cover. Stew on low till the broccoli and lentils are tender. Flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
This ‘Poop Soup’ recipe is the best soup for constipation that will have your body lose freely and gut feeling lighter.
- Apples and pears
Apples are high in fibre, providing three grams of fibre per cup (125 grams). Plus, they’re full of pectin, a type of soluble fibre that can act as a laxative. One study proves that pectin able to speed up move time in the colon. It also acted as a prebiotic by increasing the number of helpful bacteria in the gut to boost digestive health.
Another study gave rats apple fibre for two weeks before manage morphine to cause constipation. They found that the apple fibre stops constipation by excite movement in the digestive system and grow stool amount.
Pears hold some compounds that improve digestion, include
- sorbitol, and
Pears also contain high levels of water, which can help to ease digestion and prevent normal constipation.
To get the most advantage from apples and pears, eat them raw and whole with the skin entire.
Consider adding probiotics to your diet, like those found in yogurt and kefir with live active ways.
The study has shown that this dietary change can be helpful for those with chronic constipation.
Aloe vera latex, a gel-covered in the inner coating of the aloe plant’s leaves, most useful as a treatment for constipation.
A few studies have found that will eat olive oil can be an effective way to reduce constipation. It works as lubricant herbal laxatives, fix up a coating inside the gut that allows for easier passage, while also excite the small intestine to speed up the flow.
In studies, olive oil has proved to work well in both urge bowel movements and get better the symptoms of constipation.
In one study, researchers combined olive oil with a traditional colon-cleansing formula and found that the formula was more effective when paired with olive oil than with other herbal laxatives, like magnesium hydroxide.
Herbs are useful for the isolation and preparation of new drugs in the treatment of constipation in children. In time to come studies, herbs and plants can be helpful in treating constipation based on their action, e.g. laxatives in the treatment of constipation.
Stool softener for kids
Pedia-Lax Liquid Stool Softener
- Formulated for kids ages 2-11 years old and
- Designed for less urgent cases when you want gentle, gradual relief in one to three days.
- Berry-flavored liquid mixes with your child’s favorite juice or milk
- Kid-friendly, easy-to-dose formula and
- It contains docusate sodium, a low stool softener that helps prevent constipation.
Storage of Children’s stool softener CVS
- Stock at room temp and away from light & moisture
- If you have any question about stock, ask the pharmacist
- Do not store in the bathroom and keep all medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medicines down the toilet them into a drain if instructed to do so.
- Right trash this product when it is expired or no longer require and consult a pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to trash products safely.
- This product can be sent to a CVS store for free and has no shipping restrictions and
- Shipping Weight (in lbs)
CVS Health stool softener CVS is a mild and helpful laxative. It designed to be slow on the digestive system with no cramping and no stimulants. The chewable tablets make it easy to take.
Why would they want a recipe called ‘Poop Soup’?
- Constipation is a mega problem upset millions of people and yet it is not the only reason, our modern low fibre diet is a big crime.
- In the UK around 182 people per day are admitted to hospital for chronic constipation costing 145 million pounds.
- 15 to 30% of Canadians face chronic constipation.
- Constipation testing costs in North America amount to US$6.9-billion annually and Americans spend over $700 million dollars in laxatives per year.
Today’s sweet freedom recipe ‘prescription’ will get things moving and the good news is that it tastes great and it is perfectly safe to handle long term.
- children’s laxative cvs uses dosage side effects